Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Murano Glass, Vintage Swag and My new Bathroom

The renovation of my bathrooms is almost complete although I am still waiting on my window treatment to cover the very ugly window.  I have chosen simple ivory sheers to hang from a black wooden rod.

The beautiful blue Murano piece mounted on the wall was a wedding gift to my husband and I when we were married on the 9th February, 1997.
So yes, tomorrow we will be celebrating our fourteenth wedding anniversary!

I always wanted to mount the Murano piece on the wall or even in a window as the light coming through it really emphasises the wonderful translucence of the glass.

The vintage light was sourced from the U.S and looks quite mad!  It's got this weird pumpkin shape going on with beautiful cherry red glass and brass "crown".




Crazy Pumpkin Swag Light
The old vanity was simply given a new top and the doors have been relacquered

Another of my wonderful collectables! Lucky Boy!



One of my Series 7 chairs by Arne Jacobsen



Thought I'd add a little art to take the attention off the 'naked' window!



I adore this wonderful new object and the blue and white ceramic stool isn't bad either!
Beautiful Billy!


All images and interior design by Watson & Watson









3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Janelle! and I love the bathroom, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as always my friend, done with style...loving the series 7 red jacobson....love the black butchers tiles....would love you to come down and check out 're sould' sometime soon...love your work...i some how have a 'like' for the industrial windows ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. bloody hell you have been busy! renovating a bathroom...taking on a new baby (dog).....sourcing lights from the us....hanging murano!! looks fabulous & i hope you have sunk into the bath with some french bubbles in hand - you deserve it. happy anniversary for tomorrow to you both xx Dayle

    ReplyDelete

Your input is always valued. And I do love a good chat!
However, please refrain from leaving comments which are intended as advertising or self promotional content.

JWE

The Decorator

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...