Thursday, April 5, 2012

Lana del Rey - Million Dollar Girl!

I know I'm not the only one currently very taken by the enigmatic and iconically styled
 Miss Del Rey.....

Not her real name!  Well as if that's anything new... having a pseudonym perfectly designed to match the perfectly portrayed persona has been around for a long time.

Formerly Lizzy Grant who appeared back in 2008 as a seemingly folksy, acoustic jeans and tshirt gal,  apparently hardly caused a blip on the radar.

But now as Lana del Rey, the chanteuse who is visually channeling American icons such as
 Ann Margret and Nancy Sinatra, with the vocalisation of Billie Holliday, the world is set to become her oyster!

with lines like.....

American dreams came true somehow
I swore I'd chase until I was dead
I heard the streets were paved with gold
that's what my father said

the essence of LA, old Hollywood and the ghosts of
 Chateau Marmont......





words by J Watson-Evans

posted by The Decorator

lyrics from 'Radio' Lana del Rey
images via idolator.com; the lioness.the bitch and the Wardrobe blogspot

2 comments:

  1. Sort of a female Wicked Game by Chris Issak. Don't worry it won't be long before she covers a Fletwood Mac song. Rihannon I'd suggest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we always have to resort to a 20th century reference point, don't we........we baby boomers!
      But would she do the Rhiannon 'going off' version????

      JWE

      Delete

Your input is always valued. And I do love a good chat!
However, please refrain from leaving comments which are intended as advertising or self promotional content.

JWE

The Decorator

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...