Friday, April 27, 2012

Trina Turk Colours My World

Hawaiian Haven


Wow, I have to say that I was invigorated to see this image today.
  An uncharacteristic Gold Coast day of clouds and drizzle
 albeit a welcome drop in temperature, found me drawn to this
pretty as a postcard picture. 


 In fact, the background showing the tropical, volcaneous 
landscape of Kaui, almost looks like a painting.
But what puts a smile on my dial is the intensely saturated colour
 of Trina Turk's beautiful fabrics. 

 american fashion designer Trina Turk, whose name I first 
encountered in the Kelly Wearstler book 'Modern Glamour'
few years ago has a range of outdoor fabrics
 which are showcased in this picture. 

St. Regis Princeville resort cabana designed by Trina Turk, is 
located on the island of Kaui in the 50th state Hawaii. 




Relaxing in the cabana, Mai Tai in hand, 
I can almost see George Clooney's 'The Descendents'
character running up the sand from behind the umbrella!


words
 J Watson-Evans
image elle decor.com


Posted by
The Decorator

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is always valued. And I do love a good chat!
However, please refrain from leaving comments which are intended as advertising or self promotional content.

JWE

The Decorator

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...