Friday, May 18, 2012

Maximalism on Acid....

The Work of Brazilian Designer Sig Bergamin


The Murano collection looks amazing
 on these custom glass shelves

Ikat Heaven

The ultimate garden room

Being a collector of vintage glass myself, I really like the fact that purpose built shelving has

been installed in the living area to display this wonderful collection. 

In my view, a collection always looks best in an en masse display. 

And the mirrored back just adds to the sparkle and reflects beautifully to create the illusion of more....

And as Tony Duquette (no doubt a huge influence on the work of Bergamin) would say


MORE IS MORE! 


words by J Watson-Evans
Posted by

The Decorator
wonderful images from AD

6 comments:

  1. Its the orange curtains that anchor that first room. Iteresting to analyise the underlying structure of such OTT rooms. Murano is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the orange curtains do ground the room and are unexpected....even though Mr Bergamin would had a plethora of colour choices with this room.

    But the orange looks good with the green walls and is an interesting mix with the red velvet sofas.

    JWE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very colorful rooms! although i like the second picture better. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I really enjoy the patterns on the room and of course the murano piece in front of the mirrors look great. the colorful ambient reminds me spring!

    I expect you enjoy those products too. take a look on bocadolobo.com!

    I hope you appreciate the blog I work for too!

    all the best

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mirrored back is a clever stroke of genius in that room. Not only does it give a greater impression of size but it the reflection on the collection amplifies the vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the effort in this room! Very colorful and truly made from a great idea. I would like to decorate my house also as like this!

    ReplyDelete

Your input is always valued. And I do love a good chat!
However, please refrain from leaving comments which are intended as advertising or self promotional content.

JWE

The Decorator

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...