Monday, February 14, 2011

House & Garden's New Complete Guide to Interior Decoration 1953

A few years ago a close friend of mine Scott Redford started to collect these wonderful vintage decorating books for me.  Each time he came to visit he would hand me another one of these wonderful treasures.

I have to say they are the books that I find myself flicking through over and over again and I always find such inspiration in them.  Of course it is clear that I am not the only one who does!

I have posted a few images last year when I started to write The Decorator. They were so well received and I have had so many requests to see more so........

today, I would like to share with you a few of my faves this time from
  House & Garden's New Complete Guide to Interior Decoration 1953
published by Simon & Schuster.


Love the pop of pink, the wallpaper panels and the Ficus Lyrata as an indoor specimen

What a gorgeous view of wonderful architectural detail through the window of this
New York studio apartment

Stunning screen in Bristol blue against the gunmetal grey with a pop of mustard


Described as a "contemporary interior" I love the pink feature wall contrasting with the inky black day bed and the white rattan feature on the window

Wow!  Bitter green carpet with the black and white checked wallpaper

Loving the navy and French blue patio setting with the cycad as a backdrop

All images from House & Garden's New Complete Guide to Interior Decoration 1953
Simon & Schuster

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is always valued. And I do love a good chat!
However, please refrain from leaving comments which are intended as advertising or self promotional content.

JWE

The Decorator

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...