Sunday, February 13, 2011

Louis Vuitton at the Parker Palm Springs

I was delighted to receive the Spring-Summer 2011 catalogue of Louis Vuitton in the mail a couple of weeks ago.  I was even more delighted to see that it was shot in Palms Springs at the Parker which I have admired since first revamped by Jonalthan Adler back in 2004.

Adler who started out as a potter, was one of the trail blazers in the popularist revival of vintage chic modernism or as he calls it "happy chic".  His colourful, groovy, feel good stores have popped up all over the U.S and I recently visited his Soho New York boutique, which I loved.

 I really enjoy his obvious sense of humour and loved watching him host Top Design .  Whenever I think of the show I remember his signing off line whenever someone would be voted off the show
 - "See you later Decorator!" And you have to admire someone who likes to play ping-pong to unwind on a daily basis with his husband Simon Doonan who is the creative director of Barneys New York.

 I think what I love about the revival of the modernist period is that it evokes wonderful memories of a somewhat more glamourous past.  It just feels warm and fuzzy and right!

This location so beautifully compliments these latest pieces from Louis Vuitton.  I think you will agree!
Please enjoy!
















The wonderful Parker  in Palm Springs.
 Please visit the website for more images of the Jonathan Adler interiors.

I just love the classic breeze-block wall.


*Images from Louis Vuitton PRINTEMPS-ETE 2011
&












1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how great that classic breeze block looks. Magnifique!

    ReplyDelete

Your input is always valued. And I do love a good chat!
However, please refrain from leaving comments which are intended as advertising or self promotional content.

JWE

The Decorator

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...