Friday, March 11, 2011

Dark and Moody!

Living in Australia we do take for granted the incredible light and sunniness that we are so lucky to experience...although having said that Melbourne is a little different...perhaps that's why they call it the "Paris of Australia"! Not only for its cultural 'prowess' but also due to its fairly constant winter weather.

I just love a moody, deep, sensual, interior.  It reminds me of what it would be like to live in Paris in the 1930's.

I adore the dark brooding atmosphere of Australian ' Rug Icon'  Robyn Cosgrove's Sydney apartment, shown in the latest Vogue Living.  Her wonderful modernist paintings pop off those shadowy walls and evoke a feeling of being in another time and another place!














7 comments:

  1. i love darkness too...maybe in the melb bungalow i will paint a room dark burgundy??! putting it out there xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place, with so many interesting details..Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also loved seeing inside Robyn's home. Her rugs, artwork and furniture are all beautiful, and I love, love the moody dark vibe! Thanks for visiting my blog, I'm so glad I've discovered yours too. Naomi x

    www.livebreathedecor.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Naomi
    Thanks so much for visiting! Will keep an eye on 'livebreathedecor'!
    Janelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. janelle, as much as I am a light, neutral girl - I love these dark and beautiful spaces...

    donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna
    Yes I agree. I do love light and bright, sunny interiors but I also enjoy the deep, dark walls!
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete

Your input is always valued. And I do love a good chat!
However, please refrain from leaving comments which are intended as advertising or self promotional content.

JWE

The Decorator

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...