Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday Morning Vintage

I think you all know how much I love my vintage decorating books.  I just love to flick through and caress the pages of these wonderful finds. 
 I get truly inspired by these books and marvel at how much the styling has been rehashed and revitalised over the years by some of the world's leading taste makers.  
And it goes to show that good decorating, design, 
and styling does not have a 'use-by' date.

It is hard to believe that some of these pages are in fact,
 getting to be around 60 years old.
Thank goodness there are people who truly look after their books.  It is wonderful to think that these same books have somehow made their way into my life, across the seas and through the air, all the way to my library shelves.

 I really love the 'look' of some of the photography from this period.  Is it because they were all shot on 'film'? 
 Indeed I was interested to recently read in one of my favourite shelter magazines, London's seminal 'The World of Interiors',
 that they still to this day shoot their work on film.

However, with time does come progress. This morning after taking some photos on my digital Canon G11 and uploading them,
 I found myself fiddling with the special effects editing.

This photo of my sunny sitting room which is where I enjoy my morning espresso each day with my husband, and often find myself flicking through one of my aforementioned tomes, has had the treatment!

This started out to be a 'sunny Saturday morning snap' and has morphed into something which looks like it belongs in one of my old books.

What do you think?



Before
Before


After


After


These pics also fit into the 'Yellow Makes Me So Happy' category. 
 I must thank my lovely friend Julianne for sending me the very 'sunny' bunch of gerberas which really were the impetus for this little story today.

images by J Watson-Evans

6 comments:

  1. Hi Janelle i love your work i just clicked onto your web page...i have raved about your work that you did at babalou to all my friends...great to know who the talented person is now!! Would love to work alongside you just to get more experience, am in awe...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you for your lovely comment!

      It was great fun doing the Babalou project a couple of years back now, and thank you for spreading the word!

      Lovely to hear from you.

      Janelle xx

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous living area to relax in...Loving the pops of yellow and the greenery. xAnastasia at Decor is like butter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anastasia

      Thank you! It's great to see you back in the blogosphere!

      Janelle x

      Delete
  3. Great photos!
    You are so clever!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Your input is always valued. And I do love a good chat!
However, please refrain from leaving comments which are intended as advertising or self promotional content.

JWE

The Decorator

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...