Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Most Iconic Chair of the 20th Century





The Series 7 chair by Arne Jacobsen is my favourite chair of all time!  I have continued to use this versatile design classic in my work since the 1980's.  Not only is this chair wonderfully comfortable, (actually I am sitting on a dark brown stained vintage version from the 1970's as I write), I find that the chair works in a plethora of different interiors. With its wonderfully curved back, it has been the most copied chair in modern design history. The Series 7 is just as happy sitting along side traditional antiques as it is in a typically modernist setting.



Jefferson Apartment Main Beach

Here are the stunning red lacquered versions which we have combined with a wonderful
 painting by Australian artist Melinda Harper.
Also featured is Phillipe Starck for Kartell Gnome stool.


View to the Pacific featuring Scott Redford's Polar Bear and Campari Light by Ingo Maurer



I simply adore this wonderful moulded plywood Danish classic designed by Arne Jacobsen in 1955!

Interior Design in both pics above by Watson & Watson  2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your input is always valued. And I do love a good chat!
However, please refrain from leaving comments which are intended as advertising or self promotional content.

JWE

The Decorator

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...