Monday, January 9, 2012

Vintage Ikebana


Thinking about all the friends who are holidaying in my beloved Hawaii at this time of year.....

This wonderful vintage abstract Ikebana
with its white bleached coconut stamens and Chinese lantern berries...




somehow transported me to the memory of a Luau in front of the Royal Hawaiian circa 1978.....

I am calling it the
Abstract Hula

I am seeing wonderful arrangements of red Hawaiian hearts or Anthiriums 
set against the pink of the 'Old  Lady' of Waikiki......

Aloha!


words J Watson-Evans

image via

  The Art of Arranging Flowers
 A Complete Guide To Japanese Ikebana

By Shozo Sato published 1965

1 comment:

  1. That is a mighty nice background, mate!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your input is always valued. And I do love a good chat!
However, please refrain from leaving comments which are intended as advertising or self promotional content.

JWE

The Decorator

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...