Monday, October 31, 2011

Right On Rietveld

Yellow makes me so happy!


'The Wild One' cabinet by Studio Job 2011; trolley by Gerrit Rietveld 1945;
Paintings by Lucio Fontana 1965


The Studio Job House  which incorporates


 a villa originally designed by Gerrit Rietveld
the man responsible for the iconic Zig Zag chair)
 during the 1950's for a 'left wing' weaving mill, 
in the then sleepy village of Bergeyk the Netherlands 
has been fully renovated including a new villa construction,
 and is now living its life as an open house style laboratory for art and design


Rietveld's iconic Zig Zag chair from 1934 along side buffet by Erik van Lieshout 2008

Labyrinth Bed by Treca de Paris 2005 with Swarovski Lamps

'Tit' Lamps by Studio Job for Venini 2010

'Tits' in the kitchen



1972 Ford Taunus GXL Coupe in the garage


images via wallpaper

7 comments:

  1. Now who would have guess I'd be a 'Tit' man?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling .... how could you NOT be with those little gems!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well!! I think I'll give the 'tits' a miss!

    Instead...can I have that fabulous yellow cabinet ......sittink on that stunning black and white floor rug?.....Great Combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can live without the 'little gems'
    But I could live with that fabulous yellow sitting on the stunning floor rug!

    Great Combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a great fan of black and white. I liked the rug in the first picture and the bedding in the 3rd picture. The black and white design in the bed looks really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first picture looks really stunning. The yellow cabinet is a stark contrast to the black and white settings.

    ReplyDelete

Your input is always valued. And I do love a good chat!
However, please refrain from leaving comments which are intended as advertising or self promotional content.

JWE

The Decorator

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...